On one of my recent shopping trips I purchased a discounted pork sirloin roast, so early this morning I went in search of a recipe to use, and when I found this one in an old magazine that mentioned using a crockpot and also honey, I knew this is what I wanted to try.
Each one in my family really enjoyed this meal, even though my husband is not a huge pork roast / pork chop fan. His idea of pork is bacon and sausage (but who can fault him for that?)!
Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Pork Loin
- 3 lb. boneless pork loin/roast
- ½ – ¾ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water – divided
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place pork roast in slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup water, cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork roast.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
5. Remove meat to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
6. Transfer juice to a small saucepan; bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water, mixing until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Slice roast; serve with gravy
I served this dish with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.