Today is beginning of a super busy week for everyone! We have at least three places to be this coming weekend, plus church services. And we also have a family gathering at our home which I need to get my menu prepared for! I am so thankful that Jesus came and we have the privilege of celebrating His birth, aren’t you?
I plan to use my best kitchen helper – the crockpot – for tonights supper. This is what my menu looks like…
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
• 1 garlic clove – minced
• 1 lb chicken – cooked and deboned
• ½ pkg. taco seasoning
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 4-oz green chilies
• 6-8 corn tortillas
• 1 c. cheddar cheese
• ½ c. sour cream
• ½ c. salsa
• 4-oz black olives *optional
2. In a large bowl combine cream of mushroom soup and green chilies. Spoon several tablespoons of soup mixture into the bottom of the slowcooker and spread to cover the bottom. Layer 2-3 corn tortillas (tearing to fit), soup mixture, chicken mixtire, and cheese evenly until all are used. Do not stir. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
3. Mix sour cream and salsa together, and top each serving with a dollop! Enjoy!
What’s on your menu for tonight?