It’s a typical Monday around here – busy! It’s also one of those days where nothing really sounds that good, but this family favorite is sure to please everyone. This is what my menu looks like for tonight…
Beef Pot Pie
• 1 lb ground beef
• chopped onion – to taste
• minced garlic – to taste
• seasoned salt and pepper – to taste
• 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
• 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
• 10¾ oz cream of mushroom soup
• 1 c. shredded cheese
• 8 oz crescent rolls
2. In large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. When meat is almost completely browned, add brown sugar.
3. Add frozen vegetables and cook until until thawed. Add cream of mushroom soup and stir until hot.
4. Transfer mixture to a 9×9 pan, top with shredded cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven and top with crescent rolls which have been rolled only one round and points are toward center (pizza slice style).
6. Sprinkle with garlic powder (optional) and bake until golden brown.
What’s on your menu for tonight?