I love peppermint bark but buying it at the store can get expensive in a hurry. It just so happens that yesterday I found a few candy canes in my Christmas decoration box – that meant that today I could make my own peppermint bark. 😉
It is so quick and easy to make that I will have to restrain myself from making it often!
12 oz Dark Chocolate
12 oz White Chocolate (I am not a fan of white chocolate, so I used all dark)
1. Crush peppermints using a heavy duty ziploc bag and rolling pin or a food processor. Set aside.
2. Line a medium cookie sheet with foil.
3. Melt dark chocolate. Pour onto foil-lined cookie sheet. Use an offset spatula to spread about 1/8″ thick. Place in refrigerator while you melt white chocolate to allow it to firm up.
4. Melt white chocolate. Stir in most of the candy cane bits, reserving about a quarter of the mixture to put on top.
5. Place remaining candy canes on top and lightly press into chocolate mixture.
6. Place in refrigerator until completely firm. Break into pieces. Place in an airtight container.