I was talking to a friend today and she shared this King Ranch Chicken recipe with me. A long time ago she fixed this recipe for a gathering I was at, and I loved it – so I don’t know why I waited so long to ask her for the recipe.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
• 10 corn tortillas
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
• 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can of cream of chicken soup
• 1 cup of chicken broth
• 1 can of Ro-Tel tomatoes
• 1 tsp. of chile powder
2. Sauté onion and bell pepper in butter.
3. Combine soups, broth, Ro-Tel tomatoes and chile powder; blend until smooth.
4. Place a layer of chicken in a greased casserole dish.
5. Add layers of tortillas, onion, bell peppers, cheese and sauce.
6. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for half an hour or until brown and bubbling.
What is on your menu for tonight?