Over a year ago, Robert and I went out on a date night to Johnny Carino’s, and I ordered something I had never had [anywhere] before: Skilletini. Since we liked it so much, but rarely eat out at places like that, I came up with my own version. This is my menu for tonight:
Italian Sausage Skilletini
• 1 pkg Johnsonville Italian Sausage
• 1 med onion, sliced fajita style
• 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced fajita style
• 2 TBSP olive oil – divided
• 1- 24 oz spaghetti sauce (I typically use Classico Roasted Garlic & Tomato)
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2. Add remaining 1 TBSP olive oil to skillet and cook onion and bell peppers until crisp tender.
3. Meanwhile, slice italian sausage into ¼ slices. Add to onions and bell peppers. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
5. Serve meat mixture over spaghetti.
What is on your menu for tonight?