I like to give practical gifts. Useful gifts. Needed gifts.
I remember before Robert and I married of not thinking too much about cleaning items or paper goods. Filling my pantry was my priority, because as the saying goes “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach“.
At one of my showers, a very special friend, Becky, gave me laundry basket filled with practical, useful, and much needed cleaning and laundry items. I cherished those items when we arrived home from our honeymoon with a boatload of dirty laundry and a house that needed a good cleaning!
Since then, I have given numerous laundry baskets filled with similar items. We recently attended a wedding shower for some church friends, and although they are registered at various stores, I still like giving this type of gift. Couponing enables me to give a lot, for very little!
I purchased the basket at Walmart, it was the only white basket amongst black ones, and it was marked down to $6, where the black ones were $9.88. Below is a description of the items included.
- Bathroom – toilet bowl cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, Clorox toilet wand, flushable wipes, hand soap, Air Wick Sense & Spray, travel size first aid kit
- Kitchen – dish detergent, soap scrubber, rubber gloves, sponges
- Laundry – detergent, liquid fabric softener, fabric softener sheets
- General Cleaning – Windex, Lysol Multi-Purpose, Lysol Wipes, dusting cloth, dusting spray
- Paper Goods – toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, Kleenex, paper plates
- Plastic Goods – sandwich baggies, storage bags, kitchen trash bags, Cling Wrap, aluminum foil
Do you have an idea for gift giving, using items you purchased with coupons?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy here.