I like to give practical gifts. Useful gifts. Needed gifts.
I remember before Robert and I married of not thinking too much about cleaning items or paper goods. Filling my pantry was my priority, because as the saying goes “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach“. 😉
At one of my showers, a very special friend, Becky, gave me laundry basket filled with practical, useful, and much needed cleaning and laundry items. I cherished those items when we arrived home from our honeymoon with a boatload of dirty laundry and a house that needed a good cleaning!
Since then, I have given numerous laundry baskets filled with similar items. We recently attended a wedding shower for some church friends, and although they are registered at various stores, I still like giving this type of gift. Couponing enables me to give a lot, for very little!
I purchased the basket at Walmart, it was the only white basket amongst black ones, and it was marked down to $6, where the black ones were $9.88. Below is a description of the items included.
- Bathroom – toilet bowl cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, Clorox toilet wand, flushable wipes, hand soap, Air Wick Sense & Spray, travel size first aid kit
- Kitchen – dish detergent, soap scrubber, rubber gloves, sponges
- Laundry – detergent, liquid fabric softener, fabric softener sheets
- General Cleaning – Windex, Lysol Multi-Purpose, Lysol Wipes, dusting cloth, dusting spray
- Paper Goods – toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, Kleenex, paper plates
- Plastic Goods – sandwich baggies, storage bags, kitchen trash bags, Cling Wrap, aluminum foil
Do you have an idea for gift giving, using items you purchased with coupons?