A little more than a month ago I was privileged to get “one-of-those” cashiers at the local Albertson’s store that had a problem with several of my coupons. I then realized I had never pursued finding their printable coupon policy – but after that shopping trip, you can believe I got on it! :) It took numerous calls to the corporate office and even several emails for them to relinquish the coupon policy. I was originally told it should be posted at the customer service counter and the store could give me a copy, yet when I went to the customer service counter, it was not posted and the employee did not know where a copy could be found. I finally got in touch with Stan Nichols, the Division Manager for the DFW region, he emailed me this policy. I recommend that you print it off and have it with you each time you shop – ’cause you never know when you’ll get “one-of-those” cashiers or managers!
Albertsons LLC Coupon Policy – DFW Division
Our current coupon policy is broken down into 4 parts:
- Vendor Coupon Policy
- Store Coupon Policy
- Internet Coupon Policy
- Double / Triple Coupon Policy (Not applicable in all stores, ask your Store Director if your store participates)
Vendor / Manufacturer Coupon Policy:
- Only one coupon per item
- You may be required to pay sales tax and / or a deposit charge
- Coupon may not be assigned, transferred, sold, purchased or reproduced. Any other use constitutes fraud.
- Vendor / Manufacturer coupons will not be accepted if the coupon is store or company specific.
- The coupon value cannot exceed the retail value of the item (this would include situations of Buy One Get One Free Promotions and like)
- You may redeem 1 vendor / manufacturer coupon with only 1 store coupon. These combined cannot exceed the value of the item.
- Manufacturer “terms and agreement” must be on coupon.
- Face value of coupon must be stated.
- Free coupons always have a maximum value that cannot be exceeded
- Coupon must have expiration date, expired coupons will not be accepted (no grace period)
- Coupon must be identified as a “Manufacturer / Vendor Coupon”
- Must contain bar code that can be scanned
- Eligible manufacturer coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
- Manufacturer coupons may not be copied or reproduced in anyway
Store Coupon Policy:
- Albertson’s store coupon has a limit of 1 coupon per item, per customer per transaction.
- May not be used in combination with any other offer (this does not include a manufacturer coupon).
- The store coupon cannot be doubled or tripled, or exchanged for cash.
- Store coupons may have designated only locations marked on coupon due to special store promotions.
- Store coupon cannot exceed the value of the item.
Internet Coupon Policy:
Albertsons accepts internet coupons.
Internet coupons printed from an authorized website are redeemable only with a qualifying purchase.
Albertsons does NOT accept internet coupons containing the following conditions:
- ‘Free’ product offers that do not require a purchase. Example: If a coupon states Buy a package of cookies and receive a Free Half gallon of milk. This is an acceptable coupon for a free item.
- Redemption value exceeds $5.00
- We do not accept internet coupons from Vryl Marketing.
- Absence of valid UPC bar code
- Absence of an expiration date
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.
Double / Triple Coupon Policy and Procedure: Only in select stores
- Triple Manufacturer Coupons up to and including 39 cents value
- Double Manufacturer Coupons from 40 cents value up to and including 50 cents value
- Amount of credit from doubling or tripling a coupon cannot exceed the retail price of the item.
- No cash or in-store credit will be awarded for coupon amounts above the retail price of an item. Only one coupon can be doubled or triple per item.
- A limit of up to 4 coupons on 4 identical items including varieties may be credited per customer per day. Other coupons for the same item will be redeemed at face value.
- A limit 75 total coupons per customer per day may be redeemed. Offer excludes products prohibited by law.
- Coupons cannot be applied to items previously purchased.
- In the event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from a refund.
- Sales limited to stock on hand.
- No rain checks.
It is preferable that all coupon types be redeemed before the transaction is completed. In the event a customer forgets to give you their coupons, please call for Manager’s assistance to correct the situation and ensure that the customer is Highly Satisfied with their shopping experience.
Albertsons reserves the right to refuse any coupon(s) that do not meet our company guidelines. We do not accept fraudulently produced coupon offers including those altered or produced through use of a personal computer or copier.
This is the coupon policy at this time of 8-1-2010. It is possible that not every scenario is described in the policy, therefore will be at the discretion of management at the store level or higher to make a judgment call at the time of the customer presenting the coupon for redemption.
This policy may be updated or changed at any time and we will do our best to inform of the changes as soon as possible.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy here.